DIY Collar Necklace
I made this cute collar necklace in about 40 minutes and it only cost me about $6. You can jazz up an old black tee with it, or pair it with a boring sweater for some sparkle!
How to and what you will need:
- A piece of felt. You can use any color (I chose black)
- Sequins, beads, studs, pearls, lace or anything you want to decorate with
- Ribbon for tying it
- Hot glue gun
- Paper and marker
- Make a template with a piece of paper: draw one half of the collar on the paper and cut it out. It should look like a comma. Place it on the felt and trace with a felt marker, then flip the template over so it looks like a complete collar and trace that half too.
- Cut out the collar. Don’t cut them separately, make sure the two halves are connected when you cut so you don’t end up with two pieces.
- With a hot glue gun glue on whatever you want to decorate with. If using sequins, try to overlap them so as not to leave any spaces. Its easiest to put the glue on the felt in patches then put many on at one time.
- Cut two pieces of ribbon of equal length. Flip the collar over and glue them where the collar ends. Make sure they are long enough to tie.
Voila! You have a cute versatile collar necklace!